Friday 13 January 2017

Winter birthday cards with Craftwork Cards Winter Forest

Hello and a very Happy Crafty New Year form me The Fruit Pixies design elf and the Fruit Pixie herself.      I am so pleased to be back in my craft room again after a busy Christmas time then a horrible cold but I am feeling better and excited about all the new crafty goodies that will come our way this year.     First though a bit of a look back to the Craftwork Cards Winter Forest paper pack. Now I have 2 family birthdays in December. So I made these cards for them using the Craftwork Cards Winter Forest paper kit. As you can see there is nothing remotely Christmassy about them and they look beautiful as Winter birthday cards
My first card is using one of the toppers in the kit mounted on some of the paper from the paper pad. 
The card base is covered by another of the papers in the paper pack.
I then used one of my punches ( I have a bit of a thing for snowflakes ) to punch some borders from the same paper as the topper mount.
Then I added a happy birthday to finish!
 
 
Now for the second I used a shape card cut on my Silhouette Cameo 
 
 
I used the beautiful snow paper from the paper pack to cover the sides and bottom pieces.
The owl is printed on the paper in the paper pack so I just cut a piece that included him to fit on the middle piece of the card.
Then I added some die cut snowflakes and another Happy Birthday and it's finished.
      So as you can see just because you have used a kit for Christmas cards they can be used for other cards too.       You can find this kit in the shop here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-frozen-forest-26360-p.asp         Well, I hope you have enjoyed looking at my first project of the year and will join me again and through out the year for some more crafty inspiration and fun.                        Until then look after yourself, love Katrina x  

No comments:

Post a Comment