Wednesday 30 November 2016

Magic of Christmas card

  Hello. Design elf Katrina here to show you some Christmas inspiration.   The Fruit Pixie has a lot of wonderful Christmas dies and I have used one of them from Couture Collections and Spellbinders to make this cute card. The merry Christmas die is one of my own.  
The base for this card was cut on my Silhouette Cameo but you could quite easily use a standard card base and get the same effect.   The background paper is from the Craftwork Cards Festive Chalkboard paper pack.           To give the buildings their glow I cut the die out in grey card then using scraps of yellow and orange card I stuck each piece to each individual building and trimmed the coloured card down. I then used my clear glitter pen to give it some sparkle. For Father Christmas I cut in once for the base colour in red then just covered the specific areas with the corresponding coloured card. So brown for the reindeer, gold for the sleigh runners etc then trimmed the and glued them to the respective places. It sounds a lot of work and I admit you wouldn't want to make 100 of them but it is enjoyable and looks great in the end. You can find the thing I used in the shop here - Sizzling house die - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/spellbinders-die-row-houses-23756-p.asp. Father Christmas die - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/couture-creations-dies-649-c.asp Craftwork cards Festive Chalkboard paper pack - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-festive-chalkboard-25677-p.asp I have lots of things to show you so I hope you will visit again soon.  Love Katrina  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment