Friday 10 June 2016

Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest Princess matchbox

Hello! I'm design elf Katrina and I am here to show you my latest project from my craft nook.

   At the moment I am working with the Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest papers and really enjoying them. For my last post I showed you a super cute Fairy matchbox. Well I couldn't just make one, they are such fun to make and the papers have so many lovely characters to cut out and use I had to make a second one.

   This time I went for the Princesses.


Now, I made my base matchbox using my Silhouette cameo electronic die cutting machine but there are a lot of free templates available on the internet to use. I made my base in kraft card and then covered the cover of the matchbox in one of the pretty papers in the 8x8 paper pad. 

I then cut out one of the panels from one of the papers, I chose a Princess one this time, and stuck it to the top of the base part of the matchbox.



Then I  put the drawer of the matchbox together and covered one end with another of the papers. There are lots of details among the paper designs that are perfect to cut out and use as embellishments, like this roundel.

To make this embellishment I punched out the design using circle punch and then punched a piece of the scrap kraft card to back. I did that because I wanted to use some Glossy Accents over the top and I find when you do that to small pieces they can curl if they are too thin. I used the crackle Glossy Accents but you can get the same look with the regular Glossy Accents. 

If you want the cracked look but haven't got the crackle Glossy Accents then just use the regular one thickly. leave to thoroughly dry and then just bend it and you will find it will snap and crack. I has to be applied thickly though.


For the inside of the drawer I started by covering the sides with pieces of the papers from the pad to make it look like a room in the castle. I then made the bunting with the sweet little flags that cover another one of the papers. I cut them out and glued them to some bakers twine and hung them across the back of the room.

We then needed Princesses to live in our castle, so I chose two of the princesses from the page full of characters and cut them out. The larger of the Princesses I added 3 layers of 3D foam to her back and then stuck her to the back of the drawer. The smaller one I added 2 layers of 3D foam and also stuck her to the back of the box.

All it needed then was to pick out some highlights with my trusty clear glitter pen and my mini scene was finished.


I have had such fun with these two projects.To find the other matchbox I made, just go back a post and you will find it there.

The Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest paper can be found here - 
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/enchanted-forest-696-c.asp

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my latest project and will join me again very soon

              Love Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment