Friday 27 November 2015

Festive Chalkboard Christmas countdown

Hello! Design elf Katrina here to share with you a really fun and festive project that will put you right in the Christmas mood!

       I love the build up to Christmas, once I have got all the Christmas shopping out the way that is, I have so many advent calenders that I have made over the years but there is always room for one more!


This was very easy to make. 

I used the wonderful Craftwork cards Festive Chalk board set to make this.
First I cut a star out of a sheet of the Festive Chalkboard paper and then did the same but made the star slightly smaller in a deep red card, This then gives you a thin red boarder around your star. Place a piece of the Chalkboard Sheets by Forever in Time behind the star to make the blackboard.

I then stick them together and used the thick chipboard backing to the paper pad to give me my base and covered the back with another piece of the Festive chalkboard papers. Punch your holes and add some ribbon to hang it up with.

For the decorations I used the frames from the Festive Chalkboard kit and put some black card behind them. I used die cut letters for the "Days to Christmas"  and added one of the lovely bows to pull all the frames together and finish it all off.

Then all you need is to add some glitter, it is Christmas after all, find a piece of chalk and you are ready to count down to Christmas in style!!

You can find the Craftworks festive Chalkboard kit here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-festive-chalkboard-25677-p.asp

Black card - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/payper-box-a4-black-240gsm-card---10-sheets-24139-p.asp

Of course this could be made to count down to anything you like, just change the papers and you could countdown to a holiday, wedding or a special birthday. 

What ever you are about to celebrate, have a wonderful time!
                                                                                        Love Katrina  

No comments:

Post a Comment