Friday 17 April 2015

Oriental screen card

Morning everyone, design elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up too in my craft nook.

 Have you noticed that the oriental theme is sneaking back? I love all things oriental so I could not be happier. The card I have to show you today defiantly has an oriental look and feel to it but I think it still feels fresh and new thanks to the products Sarah-Jane had chosen for us.


I have chosen a screen card shape for my base that I have cut on my Silhouette Cameo but you could also just fold an A4 piece of card into a concertina card.


For the panels of my screen card I stamped the Creative expressions stamps to die for skeleton leaves using the Ranger archival ink in jet black 4 times and then coloured them all in using my watercolour pencils. I then used a red gel pen to do the border around the strips and cut them out.They were then stuck to the black A4 premium textured card stock and cut out leaving a small border.


I then took the Spellbinders Blossom fan die and cut them out from the black card stock. Now, you might of noticed if you have read any of my other posts here or my blog that I do love to use anything I can to craft with and the foil around sweets, chocolates and biscuits are like a magnet to me. So I have quite a collection of them. But when I needed that something special to go behind these lovely fans to show through the blossom design I had a light bulb moment and broke out the biscuit foil collection!

To attach the foil to the die cut I just popped some white glue onto the back of the die cut and then stuck the foil down. I then found though that if you rubbed foil behind the area of the blossoms with your finger it pushes it through and makes it look padded, which looks great!


To put the card together I stuck the panels to the screen card and then put on the fans but I just attached them with white glue on the handle end and the 2 sides of the fans, leaving the top part open. I then just added the appropriate sentiment and an adhesive gem on each fan.

I hope you like my oriental screen card and will have a go yourself!

   Happy crafting
                               Love Katrina 




No comments:

Post a Comment