Saturday 17 January 2015

Puzzle piece heart

Hello, design Elf Katrina here. So sorry it has been a while since my last post but unfortunately my Mum had been in hospital for a while and so visiting took the place of creating, but she is home now and on the mend so I can return to my craft nook.

     As we all know Valentines day is fast approaching and so I thought I would start with a nice Valentines project. Of course this would also make a lovely wedding gift for the bride, you could put all the wedding details on it or even something a bit different for the bridesmaids to carry.


My heart is made up of the pieces from the Vintage mini jigsaw puzzle set, I used 2 sets for my heart. I did make a base heart shape to stick the pieces too out of card.


I painted the pieces while they were all together on the back using first some Gesso and then I used the Cosmic shimmer matt paint in orchid, tuber rose and nude.

I then added some texture by using the nude paint through the special touch mica mask - doodle damask.

Once everything was dry I added the puzzle pieces to the card base and added words I had cut from the Vintage book pages ( if you cant find anything to fit your theme you could just print some out on the computer) 


I then added some finishing touches, outlining the puzzle pieces and adding a bow from some of my own ribbon and a button from the cream button assortment, a key from the Creative expressions fancy key charms pack, a Tim Holtz metal word tag and a little tag from the Jewellery tag set which I coloured and added some hugs and kisses !!

So there it is, a puzzle piece heart all ready for Valentines day!

Happy crafting
                          Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment