Thursday 11 December 2014

Washi tape angel

Hi there, design elf Katrina here to show you what I have been up too in my craft nook.

   For this project I have been dabbling in one of my favourite crafts, altered art. Some might say its a bit weird, so please alter the project to your own taste, but I love the look.

   I saw the basic shape blanks on the internet but they were in the USA and so I thought I would make my own. So I fired up the computer and came up with this shape.


As a little Christmas gift I have given you the template I used at the end of this post so you can have a go yourself.

You will need to print the template out onto card.

I then cut out her body on its own and using all the wonderful Christmas washi tape I covered it. I used greenery, stockings, Noel, snowflake and stripe.


I wanted her wings and halo to glow so I decided to glid them using the Cosmic shimmer gliding flakes. I applied the glue and added the flakes to the back of the card where the wings are printed, rubbed excess flakes off then cut them out. I actually added the flakes to the front then couldn't see the heart shape!! So I had to trace the wings and draw then over the gilded card and cut them out. so learn by my mistake.

I then backed the assembled angel onto some stiff card and cut her out. Then add the decorated parts onto the body, wings first, halo and then the body. I then added her bottle top face and a punched crown, punched from card covered with washi tape. added some gems.


Her head is a squashed beer bottle cap, I am married to a real ale fan so we have the odd one or 2 hanging around the house. I squash mine in my Cuttlebug, you might have to squash a few before you get one that squashes evenly, it depends on how the bottle top was taken off but its worth the work.

The face I used was from one of my digital kits I have but you could get one from a magazine or even use a family photo. There are also lots of free vintage images on the internet too. Or if children are making them they could draw one.

I then punched holes in her wings and added wire and beads to finish her off.


This is the template I made for this project. To save it to your computer hover over it and right click, click save image as and choose where you want to save it too, I use photos, then click OK. You should then be able to go to your photos or where ever you chose to save it and it should be there ready to print out.


Hope you enjoy making this project as much as I did. Don't forget to have a look in the Design team section of the shop to find the shopping list for her.

Happy Christmas crafting
                                   love Katrina

1 comment: