Tuesday 21 October 2014

Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells art doll

Hi everyone, design elf Katrina here. I cant believe it is nearly a month since I posted, I am so sorry its been so long but unfortunately I have been poorly. But I am back to normal now and have a seasonal art doll to show you.

   Of course you cant think of Halloween without thinking Graphic 45!! I love this paper and wanted to make a spooky art doll with it, so here is what I came up with, a little bit larger than first planned perhaps but I am very pleased with her.


She stands about 14 inches high and I made her out of re-cycled box card. I re-enforced her neck and body with coffee stirrers in between the 2 layers of card so she would stand up. The base is a box made from box card, I cut slits to push her legs through but did have a few engineering issues which were solved by stacking pieces of  card either side of her legs inside the box to stabilise her




For her head I chose one from my digital collection but you could use a stamp, magazine picture or why not use a photo of a family member? That would be fun!  Her glasses I made by wrapping some craft wire around a spray bottle top that was the size I needed and her hat I drew, covered with the Graphic 45 paper and decorated with bakers twine and stickers from the collection. All it needed then was a couple of die cut bats!



Her body I covered with strips of the different papers and decorated with stickers and embellishments from the collection. I then made her a little spell book and a broom from twigs from the garden.




I also drew and covered her arms.




I then covered the base box  with more of the wonderful Graphic 45 paper and added a few decorations.  These are the Creative expressions glass vials filled with witchy potions!! The labels are from the Graphic 45 stamps




I also made a couple more books for her and gave her a friend, after all every witch has to have a black cat!


So there she is all ready for Halloween! I must admit I had so much fun making her.

If you have any questions just pop them below of on the Fruit Pixie facebook page

     Happy crafting!
                                  Love Katrina



No comments:

Post a Comment