Thursday 12 June 2014

Creative Expressions Butterfly girl card idea 2

Hi everyone Katrina, design Elf here again to share another stamp technique and card idea using the Creative expression butterfly girl stamp set.

    Last time I shared with you a card with images coloured with the distress markers. This time I have been paper piecing, another technique that works so well with this stamp set and gives you a completely different look.

    For those who have not come across paper piecing before it is so much fun and a great way to use up your scraps too. The way I do it is I stamp my main image, in this case the butterfly girl, onto plain card and coloured her face and arms. I then stamp all the parts of the image I want onto patterned paper, dress, hair,boots, flower and bird and then cut them all out. I then stick all the pattern paper pieces onto the main image and then  made up the cards. So that is how you achieve the paper piecing, here is what I did with mine -


For this square card I made up the background by stamping the spots and little flower onto the card base. I then paper pieced the butterfly girl, roses, leaves and bird using the Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers. The wings I stamped onto a scrap of vellum and added some glitter with a glitter pen. 


For this little square card I used the same Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers. The little nest is made from the leaves and the birds made a great little family. 

I hope you like my paper pieced cards and will try it for yourself. You can find the stamp stet here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/u-mount-butterfly-girl-a5-stamp-plate-16787-p.asp
and the paper I used here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/graphic-45-8x8-paper-pad-bohemian-bazaar-20419-p.asp

I will be back again very soon with another little project using this stamp set but until then 

                                        Happy Crafting!
                                                                   Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment