Tuesday 15 October 2013

Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells flower wreath

Hello there, design elf Katrina here with a nice little project to make with the new Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells paper flowers. 

     As you can see by this project it the papers don't just have to be only for Halloween. This is a nice home decor project for Autumn.


      If you have never used Graphic 45 products before then you are in for a treat! The quality of the paper they use is second to none so you can do just about anything to it and it is such a lovely weight it will hold up on it's self with out any trouble.

  So here is how I made my Autumn flower wreath -

  First cut 2 cardboard rings shapes the size you would like your wreath, out of stiff card such as box card. 


Glue them on top of each other then wrap with Hessian  ( I bought mine from the local fabric shop by the meter and then cut it into strips )


I then sat in front the TV and pushed out all the flowers from the Steampunk Spells flowers, shaped them using a bonefolder and then stacked them up to make the flowers.

Then arrange around the wreath base in a pleasing way and glue down




To form the little tag shapes I used one of the Steampunk Spells banners as a template and a piece of the 12x12  Tick Tock paper, drew around them and cut out 5.




I then took a piece of garden twine and glued pieces from one of the Steampunk banners on to it. I then glued it into place.I then added some glitter here and there.




Then hay presto! You have a beautiful wreath!



Till the next BIG Steampunk Spells project,

Happy Crafting
                                       Love Katrina

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabby Katrina !! It's given me an idea for Christmas too xx

    ReplyDelete