Thursday 13 June 2013

My little street

Hi there, Katrina here, design elf for the Fruit Pixie.  

  I love these house and tree chipboard shapes from Crafty Individuals, they are so much fun to play with. They come in plain white chipboard, so great to paint or ink but this time I decided to cover mine in the wonderful Keisercraft  Miss match collection. Here is how I did it.


I used - 

Crafty Individuals Chipboard houses
Crafty individuals Chipboard trees
Keisercraft Miss Match 12 x 12 papers
Red buttons from Button Assortment Britania
Stiff card from packaging
PVA  glue
Craft knife
Black pen

1. I cut a piece of stiff card from packaging to mount my little street onto, then covered both sides with paper.

2. I Chose the houses and trees I wanted to use and covered them with different papers ( TIP- keep all the little pop out doors and windows for later ). I used a craft knife to trim the papers and cut out the windows and doors but you could use scissors or the little snips instead. I then used contrasting papers to cover the doors and windows.

3. I then used an acrylic paint to run around the outside of the houses and trees. Once dry I used a black pen to outline the houses, trees and birds.

4. I then arranged the little street. As I wanted the trees at the back of the houses, I needed to put something at the back of the houses to attach them to the back board. I used the doors and window pieces I popped out at the start to put into the gaps between the back of the houses and the strip of cardboard at the back of the piece. They are ideal as they are the same thickness as the other pieces.

5. I then used PVA glue to glue it all together and cut out the letters for the word home. I then added the red buttons to the trees and the hooks to the front. 

That is how I made my little street but of course you could use any embellishments you want to to make the street you own. Just have fun with it.

 Happy Crafting!
                               Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment