Thursday 20 June 2013

China Blue journal

Hi there, Katrina, design elf, here again.

 As soon as I saw the new Ruby Rocket it China Blue paper I thought of Austria. Those who know me will know that Austria is my second home, we love spending all our holidays there and hope to one day live there, in our dreams. I have several pieces of Gumunden  Pottery, from Austria that is the same blue and white.

 We are off to Austria in a few days and as I always keep a journal while we are away, somewhere to write all the wonderful things we did and also to keep all those bits and bobs I collect along the way, boarding cards, bus tickets, receipts and leaflets etc. Its also a great help when you get home and want to put your photos in order too. We still have them printed and then put them in a photo album. Anyway, the China Blue paper made the perfect choice for my holiday journal.


 
My journal is 6x6 and bound together with my Bind it all but you could easily use book rings instead. I just used packaging card to make the covers and to cover them I used China Blue Showpiece. Being 6x6 it meant I could get 4 pieces of out of the 12x12 so I used the reverse pattern on the inside of the covers. The edelweiss flower stamps and the journal stamp are my own hand carved stamps. The ribbon is one of the China Blue Trimmings

 
The inside pages are all the same, I like an area to write about my day and then a pocket to keep my little bits I have collected that day in. Again the edelweiss and the label stamp are my own carved stamps.

 
As you can see I used a mixture of the papers as they all sit so well together and being 200GSM and double sided they can be a page with out any help. I used Showpiece - for the cover, May Blossom, Dynasty and Diamond Jubilee.

  This would also make a wonderful mini book if you don't like to keep a journal on holiday.
       
                    What ever you have planned for this summer have fun
                                                                                                     Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment