Tuesday 5 March 2013

Steampunk page #2 embossing

Hi there, Katrina the design elf here with the second of my Steampunk pages. I like different sized pages in my books to add interest and to use up those scraps too !!

  This page also uses the Tim Holtz edge dies and embossing plates to give it a steampunk look. Here is how I made my page....


First I cut a piece of Grunge board and using the Tim Holtz on the edge die Steampunk. Then using the Tea dye distress I inked the edges on both back and front. This didn't really give me the look I wanted so I .....



Reached for the Imagination craft mica powders velvet dream. I took a tiny amount of powder and added a drop of water and mixed it into a paint. I then painted the edges front and back.



I then cut a piece of the Bo Bunny Timepiece paper and ran then through the Watch and Steampunk texture fade and then rubbed some of the Tea Dye distress ink onto the embossed paper using the application tool.



 Here are my finished pages. Of course you can use any images or photos you want too, just have some fun with it.

         Happy Crafting
                                     Love Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment