Friday 8 February 2013

Gardening box card

Hi everyone, design elf Katrina here. Hope you are all well.

I have been playing with the new Craft UK Die cut collage sheets . This box card was make using the Garden set. You will get a sheet of toppers and a piece of background cardstock. I also added a sheet of matching card to make the box. This would be great to give to the gardener in your life, the gardener in my life is my hubby and when I asked him what her would like to find in the box he said " seeds, lots of seeds!"



To make the box card I made a matchbox type box using the Hougie board. I used the background cardstock for the slip cover but the contrasting card for the drawer and the leftover card to cover he front and back of the drawer. I cut a vertical slit in the front of the drawer and poked a strip of folded card through and opened it out at the back like wings, then glued it down. This makes your handle.




To make the card on the top, I made an easel card using the contrasting card and added the striped boarder and topper, on foam pads, to the front, then the Happy birthday border with some foam tape to make the "butt" bar.






Then all you have to do is fill up the drawer and you have a card and gift in one!! Of course you could make this style card with any of the topper sets. Coming up next the Travel set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment